Friday, October 1, 2010

Muay Thai in Bangkok by Gregg DePasquale



Wow...so much has happened since the last time I wrote about this trip.  For starters training is going well and I have been at a few gyms but for the most part spending most of my time at The Jitti Gym.  I just really like the atmosphere here.  Training costs on average around 500 Baht ($17) for an hour lesson plus you can use the gym for the day.  There are a lot of foreigners training in Thailand some are really cool...others not so much.  I guess there is a tendency for some people to try and prove they are tough all the time (definitely not the case at D'Arce Jiu Jitsu and MMA haha).  Anyway, once everyone gets to know me they usually end up warming up one way or another. 

I got front row seats to a fight the other night they were around $60 and really intense...the locals were going NUTS!!!  They gamble big money on the fights and really get into each strike, it was a very cool experience. 

I have filmed a lot of footage while I am over here and I will put it all together when I get back.  It is of me training, the gyms I visited, and some fights that I have went to.  I will be going to Phuket Island soon and have a few gyms I plan on visiting.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment