Sunday, November 7, 2010

Martial Arts Trainings Unexpected Benefits by Brian Michelino


      There are certainly some pretty obvious effects of training Brazilian
Jiu Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts. Things like Self Confidence and
Weight loss come to mind when talking about the positive benefits of
Training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts.
       However one benefit that might not be evident to the person looking
in at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or a Mixed Martial arts class which is one
of my favorite things about these sports, and that is the therapy of
training. In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu especially when you’re constantly
attacking your opponent and the opponent is constantly attacking you
it’s really all you’re thinking about. In the heat of training your
mind is focused on learning the new techniques and improving what you
are doing and in the heart of sparring at your best you’re on
autopilot.
       I’ve heard some of my training partners at D’Arce Jiu Jitsu tell me
it’s a lot like yoga. For me it’s the closest I get to mediation in my
everyday life. After I come out of a class at D’Arce Jiu Jitsu I feel
like I just recharged my batteries so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment