Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Importance of Positional Training by Brian Michelino

      Recently at D’Arce Jiu Jitsu in Long island New York, when I’ve been
training I’ve focusing mainly on positions.  Sometimes I feel that my Jiu
Jitsu has been going around in circles.  At times I’ll be focusing on
finishing from the bottom position, and other times I’m working on
sweeping the guy and getting on top.
       However I believe if you a serious competitor and trying to sharpen
your jiu jitsu up for MMA or BJJ competition its best to work on your
position before you attack the submission. In a MMA fight you are in
far less danger of being struck if you are in a good position (I.E. in
side control or mount) and the same goes in BJJ. In BJJ when you
advance your position you score points so working for a better potion
will help you win more BJJ matches.
       It’s important to have a good guard game but it’s also important to
work to advance the position at all times and I believe this should be
a conscious goal of all BJJ and MMA fighters.
       At D’Arce Jiu Jitsu we have some of the best instructors in all of
Long Island and New York that specialize in this aspect of the game.
So if you want to take your BJJ game to the next level or if you’re
looking to improve you Jiu Jitsu for MMA come on down and give us a
try.

No comments:

Post a Comment