Thursday, November 11, 2010

D'Arce Martial Arts Training Etiquette by Brian Michelino

      Before I found D’Arce Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Long Island New York, I
remembered when I was looking for a BJJ school I was curious about the
etiquette of training, so I thought I’d let some of the potential
joiners of D’Arce BJJ know about how we run things here in Bay Shore.
       There are some things that should go without saying that should be
done in any MMA or BJJ school like making you are clean before
class, making sure you finger and toe nails are cut and not wearing shoes on
the mats. Things like training with ring worm is a big No-No in the
Jiu Jitsu community, you have to remember some of our member have kids
and you wouldn’t want to have them pass that on to them.
       It’s a good idea to stay away from moves like Neck Cranks and Heel
Hooks unless you make your partner aware you might be trying for them
before hand.
       Okay now that I made our school sound strict I’ll let you know some
of the things you could do at our school that might be frowned upon
among other gyms. First off don’t be afraid to ask a higher belt to
roll, I’ve heard in some school this is generally an unspoken rule but
in our school you can, I do it all the time! Also you can always ask
the instructor if you need help during the technique portion of the
class , you don’t have to just sit around and wait for him to come to
you, you ask him if you need help, after all they are here to make sure
you learn properly (also something I do all the time).
       Here at D’Arce Jiu Jitsu there is a friendly vibe and we
don’t get wound up about the little things, we are here to help you
reach your Martial Art’s goals, so if you guys have any more questions
please leave a comment in the comment section and we will answer it or
shoot us an email or call and will get right back to you! Hope this
answered some questions you guys might be having!

No comments:

Post a Comment